Wednesday 30 May 2012

Vanilla Bean Scones with Whipped Caramel Butter

On the weekend I baked vanilla bean scones with whipped caramel butter as a treat for Perfect Boyfriend and one of his brothers. They were making the most of the new xbox by having a games afternoon, but I braved the testosterone-laden atmosphere and insisted that they sit down to have high tea with me.


Both recipes come from the Afternoon Tea cookbook by Australian Woman's Weekly, and the vanilla bean scones recipe is available online here.

I can't find the recipe for the whipped caramel butter online, but I'm sure one tiny recipe won't get me into copyright trouble:
150g soft butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or you can use vanilla bean paste, as I did).
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and beat until creamy.

1 comment: