Monday 16 April 2012

Tonight's Dinner: Bacon, Zucchini and Asparagus Pasta

I'm always on the lookout for tasty and easy dinners. One of my recent finds is this bacon, zucchini and asparagus pasta

It's not exactly healthy, but it does contain a lot of vegetables and makes good leftovers for lunch the next day.
 

Zucchini is currently my favourite vegetable, I can't get enough of it! The secret ingredient in this recipe however is the anchovies. I know anchovies are an acquired taste, but they are amazing in something like this. They melt away and leave an intense salty flavour that soaks into the vegetables. Yum!


The sauce will taste very strong before the pasta is added. The lemon juice and cream cheese help to balance the anchovies. 


The pasta is definitely worth trying if you like anchovies. If you don't, the pasta is probably (almost) as good without them. 

Hmmm I really need to work on my food photography... and iron my tea towels apparently!

No comments:

Post a Comment